h3.post-title {font-family: 'Amatic SC';}

Search This Blog

Friday 25 July 2014

Some introductory words

...It is a truth universally acknowledged that every blogger in possession of a blog must be in want of followers.

And I do!

My name is Miranda, like from Picnic At Hanging Rock:




 Have you seen it? Read it? Both are beautifully eerie. The film, though, is multi-layered in 1970's dreaminess. Peter Weir shot many scenes with a veil over the lens to create that smoky fog sort of vibe. How cool is that!

Speaking of the 70's, I was born in the wrong era. Some say this is tragic. I really am a tragic. But I think this is actually a good thing because I can spread a little of the glimmer that is from a former time into the grey today.
I recently saw an article 'the golden age is now', I can't remember where it was... but it made me think about how everyone has a different golden age, and maybe we just have to make now ours. Like in that film Midnight in Paris, where Owen Wilson discovers this like, time vortex or something when he gets transported to his favourite time, 1920's Paris. But he meets a girl from this time who wishes SHE was born in a different time. And he's just like, 'seriously? Look around you!'  Mostly I was interested in it because VAN GOGH and PARIS, (yes, I judged the cover... vanity, not love, has been my folly... haha. Enough Jane Austen references.)




So this blog is just going to feature STUFF I like, because I don't know anyone except my dad who likes the same STUFF I like. I hope that I find people here who like my STUFF, and maybe other who aren't familiar with it can appreciate it and be like, 'hey. That is some pretty ace STUFF. And then consequently spread the word. Hee!

Okay, Miranda. Breeeeeeathe. Cool your jets.

So, this is how this is gonna go down:
I think I shall like to have a structure to this. I like organised chaos. Like my bedroom. Haha. I'd like to do weekly posts at least, in one of the following 'areas'. And then I'll just have some random posts too :)

1. My current top 10: 
Just a compilation of stuff that I am currently obsessed with... it changes often! Feel free to comment your own :) It will be fun, I promise!

2. Flashback Friday 
I LOVE music, especially the oldies. My local radio station does a 'Flashback Friday' so I thought I'd do my own!

3. What the What! 
In honor of the ever wise Liz Lemon (Tina Fey). Wise like an owl. I mean, what kind of GENIUS writes Mean Girls and 30 Rock!! This section will be something I find cool beans/weird/wonderful/ all of these things all at once. I am an avid finder-outerer-  I like finding out interesting facts. You know the random page finder on Wikipedia? Yeah, I use that all the time just for fun. I know.

4. Arty Farty 
Art is cool. Art is your friend. No? Oh, well it's time I introduce you. Here I'll post my own creations (I said that in a French-ish accent) and also other people's art, new and old, which I have taken a fancy too.

5. Kleidung 
This is German for clothes. I learn German at school, and I just like the sound of this word. Kl-eye-doong. It's fun and rather satisfying to say. Go on, try it. I won't judge. Anyway, I like fashion. I may post some of my own outfits and clothes that I find to be savvy or funky. 

6. Literature 
I like books. I like to find out about other books. So I'll share mine and you can share yours!
We'll have our own little book club!

That's all I can come up with for now, but if I want to add anymore I'll let you know :)

P.S. You may be wondering what 'She'll be apples' means... *in a mystical voice* whatever you want it to mean.  Haha. Not really. It's a good ol' Aussie saying, basically meaning 'it will all be ok.' I say it all the time. Trust me, it grows on you. And apples are ace. Keeping the doctor away and all that. Oh, you need further proof? Here:


 Geoffrey Rush endorses apples. Kay?

Happy Reading!

-Miranda



3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog and a must read. I recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just watched Midnight in Paris last night! I always thought I was born at the wrong time too... *sigh*
    I like your blog so far! I hope you keep it up, and I can't wait for your literature segment.(:
    http://navigating-fairyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a coincidence!
      I know right, it's such a drag ;)
      Thank you!
      I'll do a literature segment next :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you feel the urge, and I will eternally be in your favour (I will make you Berry Oolong tea and shortbread)

Thank you!
xx